Monday, March 12, 2012

The Wedding Dress

I read the book "The Wedding Dress" by Rachel Hauck. It takes you through the story of Charlotte, a wedding dress boutique owner who is an pro at all things wedding but has problems in her own love life. After being compelled to buy an old, sealed trunk, she finds an incredible wedding dress and dives into discovering more about its past owners and the stories it has seen. However, she ends up learning a lot more about herself than she had bargained on. I read this book in less than 24 hours. I loved the storyline, probably because I love romantic stories, antiques and historical fiction. The writing was pretty good, although at times the characters did not seem consistent or very developed. It weaves back and forth between stories, mainly Charlotte's from the present, and Emily's from 1912, which made it all the more interesting. I would definitely recommend this book. It is light hearted, interesting, and definitely gives you surprises along the way. Good read!

Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of the book and was not persuaded to write a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment